7.7.16

Plant Care








Today I thought it would be fun to try something different and do a plant post! Because honestly, who doesn't love succulents? I have three succulents as of now but I am planning to grow my collection in the near future. All three plants (miniature cactus, Sedeveria Hybrid, and Aloe Vera) all call for similar care. They need plenty of sunshine so I keep them in my well lit window 24/7. They do not need to be watered very often, so I wait until their soil is very dry (I can tell by the lightness of the color and by touching around the bottom of the plant itself) and then I use a spray bottle to lightly spray the plant and then the soil, almost like mimicking rain. The pots have holes in the bottom of them so even if I over water them, the excess water will run out onto the ceramic plate underneath. You notice that I have little name tags for each one which might seem odd but really the purpose for the tags it to hold the sticker instructions that were on their original pots. The secret about the miniature cactus though is that the flowers are actually fake! If you get this kind of plant you can easily take off the flowers if you do not like them or you can just do what I did and leave them on because they are adorable! I love keeping these plants and wish me luck on trying to grow them to their full heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment